A downloadable tool
SUGAR is a fantasy-console-inspired, limitation-led game engine!
SUGAR is currently in development.
No release date yet.
(I'm doing my best though)
- SUGAR features Lua scripting, slightly modified with some useful shorthands.
- SUGAR lets you choose the resolution and the palette of colors you want to work with. (up to 256 colors at any one time)
- You can define your own palette of colors or use one from a selection featured in the engine.
- SUGAR features a system of virtual memory holding for example the pixel data for graphic surfaces and fonts. This virtual memory can easily be read and written to at any time.
- SUGAR's API is kept sparse, functional and linear.
- No program structure is imposed on you, you do not have to submit to Object-Oriented Programming to use SUGAR.
- SUGAR features game controller support and a simplified controls binding system.
- SUGAR features a command-line prompt which you can use while your game is running to modify and test things on the fly.
- SUGAR can be used along with your favorite tools for coding, spriting etc.
- SUGAR is not open-source at the moment. Its release price isn't defined yet.
Here are some games you can play that were made with an early version of SUGAR:
Damocles Gaze 👁 by PUNKCAKE Délicieux
The Wratch's Den 👹 by PUNKCAKE Délicieux
Metavaxx🔬 by PUNKCAKE Délicieux
Antecrypt⚡ by PUNKCAKE Délicieux
Beasts of Mehetia by Benjamin Soulé
Check out the hashtag #SugarPowered on Twitter for more!